Lap-Band is the #1 FDA approved weight loss solution
How the Lap-Band® Adjustable Gastric
Banding System Works:
The LAP-BAND® System was developed to facilitate long-term weight loss and reduce the health risks associated with severe and morbid obesity. Unlike gastric bypass, it does not involve stomach cutting, stapling or intestinal re-routing.1,2,3 Using laparoscopic surgical techniques, the device is placed around the top portion of the patient's stomach, creating a small pouch.
By reducing stomach capacity, the LAP-BAND® System can help achieve long-term weight loss by creating an earlier feeling of satiety. The LAP-BAND® System is adjustable, which means that the inflatable band can be tightened or loosened to help the patient achieve a level of satiety while maintaining a healthy diet. It is also reversible and can be removed at any time.
Key Benefits of the Lap-Band®System over
- Safer, Less Invasive Surgical Option:
- 1. The LAP-BAND® System can be applied to the top portion of the stomach laparoscopically using "keyhole" surgery, which offers the advantages of reduced pain, length of hospital stay and recovery period
- 2. The LAP-BAND® System procedure has a lower severe complication rate perioperatively (less than 1 percent) and lower mean short-term mortality rate (0.05 percent, approximately 1/10 the mortality rate of gastric bypass)
- 3. The LAP-BAND® System carries fewer risks of vitamin and mineral deficiencies than gastric bypass
- 4. The LAP-BAND® System has non-surgical adjustments that help the patient attain and maintain a healthy satiety level and minimize the potential for weight regain
- 5. The LAP-BAND® System is reversible and it can be removed at any time
- Lap-Band®System Effectiveness:
- In clinical studies of severely obese patients, the LAP-BAND® System has been demonstrated to be
- an effective surgical method for weight loss, improving co-morbid conditions such as Type 2 diabetes and hypertension and reducing the use of medication to treat those conditions
- Adjustibility helps patients sustain long-term weight loss benefits
- Lap-Band®System Reimbursement:
- The LAP-BAND® System is covered by most health plans including PPO Insurance
Submit your information below and you will get a FREE consultation for our Lap-Band procedure.
The LAP-BAND® Adjustable Gastric Banding System is the first U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved adjustable gastric band for use in weight reduction.
Used in more than 300,000 procedures worldwide, this simple reversible surgically implanted device has safely helped severely obese adults successfully achieve and maintain long-term weight loss.
Dr. Naim is the leading LAP-BAND® placement procedure Surgeon in the United States holding numerous accreditations, including Resident Achievement Award from the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons at New York Methodist Hospital.
Get your Free consultation today and learn how the LAP-BAND® is your first real step to weight loss.